One thing digital scrapbooking has over traditional is that they look so much better online! I created several layouts using Close to My Heart’s Studio J program. I’m happy to promote the program now that they’ve done away with the membership costs and you pay only for the layouts you actually print or download. Studio J is easy to use but also very versatile. I want to be able to customize my projects to my heart’s content, and Studio J lets me do that as well. I love that the paper patterns that are available are never discontinued like they are in the catalogue, and I can use old paper lines that I knew and loved years ago, and can’t buy any more. While I’m a hands-on kind of person, I can see a lot of reasons why digital scrapbooking is a good idea.
- You can order multiples of your layouts to make matching albums for grandparents or children’s keepsakes.
- You can post digital images online to share with far away relatives.
- Your supplies take up no space, and with Studio J they don’t even take up computer space since the projects are done online.
- You save money – you aren’t buying supplies you’ll never use.
- With the layout designs integrated into the software, and coordinating paper and embellishments, you save time. With the express layout feature, you can actually create an entire coordinated album just by dropping in your photos!