15 Comments

1. Leslie Abel Waite
    May 29, 2017 @ 5:24 pm

Angela,
    I am addicted ….I LOVE your style….I may not always watch LIVE , but I do watch all of your videos. I am enrolled in your classes. I have learned a lot from you. Mostly to have fun, and not be hard on myself. Being hard on myself was my biggest hurdle…now when I get grumpy about my watercolor…I stop what I am working on, then put puddles of watercolors and watch them flow…..
    ThankYou

• Angela Fehr
      May 30, 2017 @ 10:54 am

Thank you so much, Leslie! I can always count on you to be a lovely presence in my videos when you are able to be there live. I’m so glad I’ve been able you to encourage you to enjoy the journey a little bit more.

2. Patricia M Walsh
    May 29, 2017 @ 7:01 pm

As a retired middle school mathematics teacher of 27 years, I fully appreciate the time and effort you put in so that we can experience a well thought out, well planned, and well executed lesson. Thank you so much for taking the time to enhance your lessons with links to materials, supplemental resources in the form of reading material, and a huge thank you for so generously sharing your talent and advice.

I’m especially impressed with the one-on-one feedback I receive from you throughout your online courses. A friend who just saw a piece I did this week, commented, ” Love where this new teacher is taking you..just beautiful!” I have you to thank for bringing me along so far on this new journey.

• Angela Fehr
      May 30, 2017 @ 10:56 am

Thank you so much, Patricia! Teaching for me has been a journey as well, and it feels good to see that through teaching weekly lessons I get better at doing it. It feels good to see progress in your work, doesn’t it? I’m happy to be able to be a part of it!

3. Maeve Binder
    May 29, 2017 @ 8:53 pm

I found you on Facebook and now I am following you on Youtube also. Your lessons are wonderful and so well planned! After reading about your preparations, I am even more impressed by your dedication and skills. Thank you so much for sharing your passion for watercolor with all of us. I just purchased your Craftsy class over the weekend, and I look forward to viewing it, along with all your online videos. I have always painted very realistically, and I look forward to learning how to paint more loosely. Since it has been some time since I have truly dedicated time to watercolor painting (in spite of purchasing many classes and DVD’s), I am starting over and it feels a bit frustrating! I must spend time practicing and warming up, and then it will flow again. Meanwhile, I look forward to your inspirational videos and posts. Thank you so much for all you do to inspired and teach the art of watercolor!

• Angela Fehr
      May 30, 2017 @ 10:58 am

I hope you love the course, Maeve! Just relax and trust that the growth will happen as you put the time in, even if nothing is turning out. And I think that movement from control toward looseness and expression is a natural part of artistic development, so it’s already happening for you!

4. Suz
    May 30, 2017 @ 5:28 am

Thank you so much, Angela! I didn’t realize that so much preparation went into creating your videos. I so enjoy them!

5. Angela Fehr
    May 30, 2017 @ 11:00 am

You are most welcome, Suz! I enjoy doing it, so it doesn’t feel too much like work. 🙂

6. Tay Donaldson
    May 30, 2017 @ 11:02 am

Hello Angela, whilst we, of course have never met, I feel I have though.

I am truly a beginner. Choosing Watercolor has been intriguing and I am beginning to relax more. I have the desire and delight to paint; just not sure there is any natural talent.
    What you do in the various categories is, indeed a lot of work, effort, and love on your part. Thank you!

Also, I find you such an interesting Artist with a generous soul. What more could a new student ask for……. I guess, simply MORE of what you do.

I am enrolled in several of your wonderful ‘on-line’ classes. I have to say I thoroughly love them. And, I eventually will enroll in all of the courses you create.

Looking forward to today’s lesson. Thank you again!

• Angela Fehr
      May 30, 2017 @ 3:02 pm

Oh, Tay, your comment is lovely. I think I have the best job in the world; I get to be myself and do what I love and share it with so many people!
      Also have to encourage you – natural talent is really pretty incidental to success in painting. My daughters both play piano; one is a very fast learner and naturally dexterous, but of the two, the one who is excelling is the one who loves it deeply and practices faithfully. Loving art means you have a good eye; growing your skills will give you the ability to show that on paper. Keep at it and have fun!

7. Judy Bragg
    May 30, 2017 @ 12:43 pm

I’m glad you took the time to walk us through what it takes to put your lessons on YouTube. You obviously love what you do. I am new to watercolor, in fact new to making art of any kind. While I enjoy it, I’m not sure there is any talent at work on my end. You have made it a little easier to have fun and I have learned a lot just watching you.
    Thank you Angela! Thank you also for the introduction to John Lovett. His techniques are some I would like to learn also.
    P.S. I look for your new nail polish every week! LOL

• Angela Fehr
      May 30, 2017 @ 3:04 pm

Fun fact: I have over a hundred colours of nail polish! I’m going to refer to my comment to Tay above about the talent issue; you don’t really need it to be good at watercolour. Desire and persistence will more than compensate for any perceived lack of talent!
      I try to be inspired by many different artists but there are a few masters who I delight in again and again and John Lovett is definitely one of them. Glad you are enjoying him too!

8. Judy
    June 1, 2017 @ 5:54 am

Wow! Angela, it has been a privilege getting to know you and having the joy/opportunity to actually sit in your studio and learn from you. You are truly dedicated and so willing to share your knowledge with enthusiasm and love. I’ve learnt so much from you. I think I’ve downloaded all your videos with the hope of eventually watching them all and practice, practice, practice. You inspire us all to be better in our painting and in our daily living. I so appreciate all your​ effort to every detail as you share your love for painting freely to all of us. Thank you! Thank you!

• Angela Fehr
      June 1, 2017 @ 12:07 pm

Oh, Judy, I always love having you in my class! And I think every day about how much I love what I do; I’m glad it shows!

9. Lily
    June 1, 2017 @ 12:14 pm

Dear Angela, You are so sweet !god knew you would be his beautiful shining light when he gave you the gift of art and teaching