11 Comments

1. Helle Partsch
    June 20, 2017 @ 5:03 am

Hi Angela! So wonderful said. I love your way to explain how it is being an artist.
    I think we must lern to have joy were we are, not always wanting to go somewhere else or
    be better than we are. We are where we are and ist has to be okay only then we can start to
    enjoy the journey. When we start to go step by step.
    Thank for your teachings, it´s always inspiring to watch you paint.
    Have a nice day!
    Helle

• Angela Fehr
      June 21, 2017 @ 8:51 am

Thank you for commenting, Helle! I fully agree – if we’re on a journey, it just makes sense to enjoy the ride. It’s a lot more fun than if we treat it like a race.

2. Mary
    June 20, 2017 @ 6:31 am

Beautiful country and views. That’s our Canada! Interesting parallel and good reminder of the journey.

Something along the line of another inspirational e-mail I received today: “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” — by Roy T. Bennett

Move toward what you want and not away from what you fear.

• Angela Fehr
      June 21, 2017 @ 8:58 am

Great quote! I have been teaching my children to ask, “Will I regret saying no to this?” rather than listening to their fears in the moment. It’s a good lesson to learn!

3. Sue
    June 20, 2017 @ 6:32 am

Beautiful pictures and excellent narrative! I love your way of expressing yourself (both in words and watercolor!). I love the parallel between your experience on the mountain and life in general. So inspirational!

• Angela Fehr
      June 21, 2017 @ 9:04 am

There are always so many parallels between life and art. I could write a book!

4. Leslie Abel Waite
    June 20, 2017 @ 9:20 am

The photos of the beautiful Mountains…Breath taking…I especially like the one of the good looking couple!!! And..the photo with the aqua water in the lower land and the moss in the foreground….I bet that is fun to watercolor!!…..PS, how does one decide what color shadows are ??? As I was walking yesterday, the wild roses are in bloom..I ssw shadows on them, but for the life of me I couldn’t imagine what color I would use to paint them…….I did go back to your wild rose painting…but was interrupted ..maybe the answer is there..I’ll look again…As always, Thank You!!
    leslie..Cape Cod MA. USA

• Angela Fehr
      June 21, 2017 @ 10:00 am

It is an amazing spot! I’m just so thankful to be able to live here.
      As for the shadows, well, it depends! Painting shadows I try to avoid making “mud” by mixing complementary colours, so I might use a blue with my pink to create a soft violet shadow. Truthfully there is probably some green in wild rose shadows as the light bounces off the leaves, but it doesn’t always look right in a painting.

5. Mary T.
    June 20, 2017 @ 5:39 pm

Angela, thank you so much for these beautiful photos and the inspiring words. I visited the Canadian Rockies last summer – they are literally awesome! The colors of the lakes and the shapes and sheer size of the mountains are so beautiful. Your pictures reminded me of my wonderful trip. So nice to see you and your husband in a photo – what a wonderful place to raise a family.
    Mary T, Ellicott City, MD, USA.

• Angela Fehr
      June 21, 2017 @ 10:46 am

It’s rare to get photos of the two of us together, as I’m always behind the camera, and he hates to be photographed! We are so thankful to live here and be able to have these great adventures. Starting in spring we always get so excited about the many things we want to do during the warmer months, and anxious when work commitments collide!

6. maxine perry
    June 21, 2017 @ 2:25 pm

Very insightful commentary. Loved the views. I’m content with gazing admiringly on hikers photos as my health conditions, vertigo and other phobias prevent me from partaking. thanks for continuing us to keep on pushing and improving.